Get your license before you finish matric

Finishing high school is one of the biggest steps in your life, it is regarded as the first true milestone into your adult life. It comes with a lot of decision making, pressure, and disappointments. The best advice is to get your learner’s license before you finish school at the end of the year.  Juggling school, social life is not an easy task because it comes with a lot of responsibilities. Getting licensed before you finish high school helps to put your mind at ease, while you focus on other things like making a move towards that dream career of yours.

Having a driver’ license is a status symbol among high school teenagers and it gives them that much-needed confidence. Another advantage is that parents no longer have to do all the driving around because the teen can get to places on his or her own.

Before you can get a driver’s license you need to get your learners license, luckily Smiles has got your back. Once you have passed your learners you can continue with your driving lessons with the Smiles team.

Learning to Drive (Learner’s license)

Once a teenager gets a license, they can start learning to drive with an adult present in the car to supervise and teach because parents often have many concerns and fear for their teen’s safety on the road. This ensures that teens are ready for driving by the time they reach 18. We have options between computerized/written & automatic/manual. Smiles offers training at reasonable prices.

These different licenses are issued for the various categories of motor vehicle:

  • Code A1: This is for a motorcycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine not exceeding 125 cc. You must be at least 17 years old on the date of the test.

  • Code A: This is for a motorcycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine that exceeds 125 cc. You must be 18 years or older to apply.

  • Code B: This is for a motor vehicle, including a minibus, bus, and goods vehicle, with a gross vehicle mass not exceeding 3 500kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply.

  • Code EB: This is for a light motor vehicle that is articulated (light motor vehicle drawing a trailer) with a gross combination mass not exceeding 3 500 kg. You must be 18 years or older to apply

What do I need to apply?

  • your learner’s license;

  • your identity document (ID);

  • four identical black-and-white photographs;

  • proof of postal and residential address and

  • a booking fee.